Instance terminates when adjusting db_cache_size with Enterprise Manager

From: Eric Z. Beard <ericzbeard_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2002 09:46:15 -0700

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I'm using Oracle 9i on Solaris 8, and OEM is running on WinXP. If change the cache size in the "Memory" tab under "Instance" or slide the little arrow on the advice screen, my database instance immediately shuts down. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,

EZB Received on Fri Aug 30 2002 - 11:46:15 CDT