Re: Forced to use uncertified client on win2k!

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:32:11 -0500

OK, it is not certified and Oracle will not easily provide support answers, but it does work.. Because of Oracle's insistence on separate homes ( and, by extension, binaries) for 8.0, 8.1, 9.x versions and my need to maintain/support several legacy and current Oracle users/instances, I have 3 homes on my W2K workstation ( 8.0.5 , 8.1.7, 9.1) and, if I am careful to set my default home before using a version-sensitive tool ( forms designer 6i for example, all has worked well.

Your experience may vary, and I would still ask the vendor to run tests on their app to certify it with 8.1.7 ( or, even better, with 9.x )

Just my 2c..

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Tue Aug 13 2002 - 09:32:11 CDT