Re: Main difference: TOAD vs Enterprise Manager

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 06:15:09 +1000

There's no comparison.

Toad is a lightweight client-server tool, and Enterprise Manager (which *can* be a lightweight client-server tool in 9i) is a rich, heavyweight, n-tier application, giving you locational independence from the database and a complete management infrastructure. It's big, it's beefy, it's slow, it's platform-independent, it's very, very nice.

Two years ago, EM reminded me of four-legged creatures that went 'woof', and TOAD wasn't. But it's really quite a polished product these days, and TOAD has (IMHO) gotten rather out of date.

I'd be looking at EM these days, if I were you.

Regards