Re: BUG in JAVA API for Advanced Queuing ?

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 22:03:39 +0100

On 2 Aug 2002 04:42:37 -0700, michael.grindel_at_t-systems.com (michael grindel) wrote:

>concerning the message id of an enqueued message I get the following
>inconsistency:
>
>Calling this method with appropriate input results in the output line
>like:
>
>MessageID = §8ϧ}<

µà4

>Checking the the message id in the queue simdms_nd_technik with the
>SQL Statement
>
>select msgid from simdms_nd_technik;
>
>results in
>
>MSGID
>--------------------------------
>A738CFA77D3C03B5E0340800208A6F40
>
>Why is the message id received from within the java API call not
>identical with the message id received from SQL ?
>Is this a bug within the JAVA API for Advanced Queuing ?

 They are identical, it's just a presentation issue.

 The value you have selected is a hexadecimal representation of the message ID. You appear to be trying to print the message ID directly from Java.

 Taking some of the characters from your Java output, and looking up the ASCII value for each, expressing it in hexadecimal:

§ = code A7
8 = code 38
Ï = code CF

 And so on...