Motivated to Learn Oracle - 7 Year IS/IT Professional

From: Dshazzarin <dshazzarin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 20:36:53 -0000

Greetings All,

Are there any links out there that would be beneficial for someone with an IS background to learn Oracle? I know that by doing a search on the WWW, I could find tons of sites, but I thought I would ask the Oracle gurus. :)

I am a 7 year IS/IT professional with a B.S. degree in CS/Math, and a M.A. degree in management. I currently work in an academic environment and in the past have worked for several other corporations including the natural gas industry and corporate sales.

My experience includes managing IS projects as a team leader, managing data conversions, marketing interfaces, database admin/backups with IBM's Unidata RDBMS, AIX, Lotus Notes, FoxPro, MS-Access, Safari ODBC ReportWriter (a third party report-writer similar to Crystal Reports), and SQL of various flavors. ;-)

For the past couple of years, I have tended to our college's database and system needs by making sure our DB is tweaked for efficiency and that our vendor software's patches and upgrades are installed while managing our custom-code base.

I'm always in the market to learn new things. If possible, I would like to take what I learn about Oracle and gain some experience by doing volunteer work.

Thoughts? Comments?

Many thanks in advance for your insight. :)

Best Regards. Received on Sat Aug 03 2002 - 15:36:53 CDT