BUG in JAVA API for Advanced Queuing ?

From: michael grindel <michael.grindel_at_t-systems.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2002 04:42:37 -0700

Hi all,

concerning the message id of an enqueued message I get the following inconsistency:

I enqueue a message in a queue named "simdms_nd_technik" with the method

public void enqueue(CustomDatum data) throws Exception {

   AQEnqueueOption enqueueOption = new AQEnqueueOption();    AQMessage message = queue.createMessage();    AQObjectPayload payload = message.getObjectPayload();    payload.setPayloadData(data);
   byte[] msgId = this.queue.enqueue(enqueueOption, message);    System.out.println("MessageID = " + new String(msgId));

}

Calling this method with appropriate input results in the output line like:

MessageID = §8ϧ}<µà4

Checking the the message id in the queue simdms_nd_technik with the SQL Statement

select msgid from simdms_nd_technik;

results in

MSGID

A738CFA77D3C03B5E0340800208A6F40 Why is the message id received from within the java API call not identical with the message id received from SQL ? Is this a bug within the JAVA API for Advanced Queuing ?

Every hint appreciated.

michael Received on Fri Aug 02 2002 - 06:42:37 CDT