Re: Service Names management

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:06:57 +0200

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:15:48 GMT, dsmcd <dsmcd_at_uswestmail.net> wrote:

>Hello...
>
>I'm administering many different databases. Some are live, some
>are testers. I'm worried that I'll loose track of which service
>I'm connected to and run a procedure on the wrong database.
>
>Is there a way to quickly enable/disable Service Names? Oracle
>817 on Win2k-Pro client.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>D.

There is not, other than to remove them from tnsnames.ora (or to # them out, or to have many different tnsnames.ora floating around, to copy over the 'real' tnsnames.ora)
But why on earth would you need to do that? wouldn't you better run select * from global_name to see which database you are connected to if you are in doubt?

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 00:06:57 CDT