Re: Service Names management

From: dsmcd <dsmcd_at_uswestmail.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:07:04 GMT

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>But why on earth would you need to do that?
>wouldn't you better run select * from global_name to see which
>database you are connected to if you are in doubt?

You're right, of course. I'm also concerned about the new assistant starting soon, and also about when we're not using Oracle tools, but using the front end's tools for database maintenance. Both these concerns can be dealt with, but an extra safety net might help.

Thank you,
D. Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 09:07:04 CDT