Re: Help needed installing 8i-personal

From: Keld Nielsen <keldnielsen_at_image.dk.nospam>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:04:12 +0200

You need more RAM. At least 128 but
more would be preferable
(and as others most likely would say 'install a proper os')

As far as I can remember I got the advice from someone to install the java part first (or was it 9i ?) anyway, I have had personal 8i installed on my
1Ghz, 128 MB RAM ME box. At the moment,
I have personal 9.1 installed and it works fine (as a learning/try out thingy)

Regards,
Keld

<rosm_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

> >I just downloaded the latest 8i personal
version from the ORACLE site. When
> >I tried to install it on my WIN-ME (with 64M
ram) I got a message saying
> >that the "staging" area could not be accessed.
I had the path to the
> >"product.jar" set and made a install folder
called "Oracle_8i" as the
> >destination. Both source and destination paths
are valid but I can't get
> >passed this spot. I tried installing from a CD
(which I burned from the
> >unzipped download) and then from a temp
directory loaded with the same
> >unzipped download files. What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be
> >appreciated. Boy this makes me feel like a real
idiot.

> >Thanks;
> >Bob S.
> >rosm_at_mailandnews.com
> >

> Oracle wont run on ME, I told them about this
when ME came out, they
> told me to run a 'proper' O/S not a home O/S
.... not much help I'm
> afraid.
> -Steve
> Steve
> www.chollie.com
> UKMG/MRBPF!C!H?S E4A1 GAS+/-- C= P+ G- B-- R- M=
S= r+ Received on Wed Jul 03 2002 - 11:04:12 CDT