Re: automated Oracle install

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:25:25 GMT

MtR,
Later versions of Oracle use a Java based installation program which is able to make use of a "response" file. Here is an example of a file I generate automatically in order to install Oracle 9.0.1 Enterprise Edition on Solaris:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/sol_901_32bit_files/in stallgen_sol901_64_.html

I don't remember if there is any equivalent feature with the Oracle 8.0.5 installer. It is generally not advisable to be doing new installations of versions of Oracle which are no longer supported.

David Simpson