Re: trigger script after archive log switch

From: Philip Brown <phil+s3_at_bolthole.no-bots.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:42:59 GMT

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 01:53:30 GMT, zeoforce_at_hotmail.com wrote:
>Why can't you just create a process in the OS that scans for new files
>(every minute, 5 minutes or so whatever you need) and send the file to the
>remote location at that point.

It's inefficient. The script would have to first check for the existance of the new file, then keep polling to see when oracle is done with it. It would be far cleaner to have oracle say when it is done with creating a new archived log.

S.1618 http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d105:SN01618:@@@D
http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html