2 Developer-related Questions

From: Dave Sylvester <dsylvester_at_msa.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:34:25 -0400

I would like to hear some opinions from some others regarding the following questions.

  1. Does anyone have a feel for how well Oracle front-end products are doing in the marketplace. I'm speaking specifically of the Developer Suite. It seems like alot companies will choose the Oracle database, yet opt for a front-end that is non-Oracle.
  2. My skill set is 4 years in the following: Oracle 7.3, 8, 8.1.7, SQL, PL/SQL, Forms, Reports. I have learned most of the advanced features that these tools and languages offer. And I keep up on new features. Given the market, Oracle's direction, etc... what skills should try to pick up going forward?

Thanks in advance for any responses. Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 15:34:25 CDT