Beginner setup probs / uninstall error

From: Chris Cutter <pumix_at_gmx.ch>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:46:28 +0200

Hi,
I try to set up a Oracle Client for a WorkGroup7 Server on a W2K WkSt. I choosed 'NT-Client' and 'Application User'. The Installation was ok. According to the manual you have to activate the system using 'ORACLE NET8 EASY CONFIG'. But I couldn't find it and assumed that choosing 'Application User' was the wrong option. So I would like to first uninstall and then install from a fresh system.

I learned that uninstalling is done with the 'Oracle Installer'. I didn't find any oracle service to stop, so I started the 'Oracle Installer' and choosed all of the entries and said 'remove'.

Then a progress window showed some activity but then an error window said that an error has occured and that orainst.exe will be closed. This also happens now when I choose only 1 option to remove.

How can I remove the 'Application User' Installation to set up a 'Database Administrator' correctly?

Chris Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 02:46:28 CDT