Re: Beginner setup probs / uninstall error

From: Alan <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:25:45 -0400

Rename your existing oracle_home directory and the run the installer and reinstall to a new directory. If that doesn't work, delete all references to Oracle from the registry first.
and repeat the rename and reinstall.

We have Oracle 7 16 bit, Oracle7 32 bit, and Oracle 8i clients installed on W2K Professional workstations. I can even run all 3 at the same time. No problems. Caveat: If you are installing multiple versions, you MUST install the oldest ones first (as listed above), and not in the same directories.