Re: Beginner setup probs / uninstall error

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:16:14 +0200

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:46:28 +0200, "Chris Cutter" <pumix_at_gmx.ch> wrote:

>Hi,
>I try to set up a Oracle Client for a WorkGroup7 Server on a W2K
>WkSt. I choosed 'NT-Client' and 'Application User'. The Installation
>was ok. According to the manual you have to activate the system
>using 'ORACLE NET8 EASY CONFIG'. But I couldn't find it and
>assumed that choosing 'Application User' was the wrong option. So
>I would like to first uninstall and then install from a fresh system.
>
>I learned that uninstalling is done with the 'Oracle Installer'. I didn't
>find any oracle service to stop, so I started the 'Oracle Installer'
>and choosed all of the entries and said 'remove'.
>
>Then a progress window showed some activity but then an error
>window said that an error has occured and that orainst.exe will be
>closed. This also happens now when I choose only 1 option to
>remove.
>
>How can I remove the 'Application User' Installation to set up a
>'Database Administrator' correctly?
>
>Chris

I have to repeat my usual mantra
Oracle 7 and Oracle 8 means = desupported + not certified for win2k Your assumption about the application user is also incorrect.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jun 26 2002 - 03:16:14 CDT