Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:58:44 +1000

In article <3D041C6D.C1D0D3F2_at_exesolutions.com>, you said (and I quote):

> From here, a few miles from Redmond, I respectfully disagree.
>
> Java is alive and well everywhere in the neighborhood and that includes the
> biggest such as Boeing, AT&T, Weyerhauser, as well as all of the major web
> players.
>
> I think Java is storng enough to even survive that its parent was Sun.

Good. We'll talk in another three years.

One thing is for certain: that abortion that goes by the name of J2EE needs to be kicked out of IT before we end up with even more disaster stories. It is a very specific architecture to solve a very specific problem, it's not a cure-all. It is however being promoted as such and that is completely wrong. Another "silver bullet". They don't stop coming, do they?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto