Re: Any Good Resources for SAP/Oracle ???

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 7 Jun 2002 00:43:28 -0700

"Steve Perry" <sperry_at_sprynet.com> wrote in message news:<adp0no$7ln$1_at_nntp9.atl.mindspring.net>...
> I just started at a company that uses SAP (R3 and BW) on Oracle and so far
> it's been a frustrating process.
> SAP like to drop and reload tables and store it's own storage parameters,
> maintains it's own data dictionary.
> I've tried searching SAP's site, but haven't been able to find "real" tuning
> advise.

Yes, you're true, but there is nothing you can do with it. Just sit, relax and watch how your SAP will be managing your database. Is not a good idea to interfere with SAP, because database is used as SAP need it for smooth working. Your work as DBA will be mainly only monitoring system parameters, adjusting SGA and some othet INIT parameters, but you should not try to design indexes, change storage parameters etc.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.