Re: Embedded SQL compiler at Linux

From: David Spencer <David.W.Spencer_at_elcaro.moc>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:59:15 +0100

Ole Streicher wrote:

>>proc INCLUDE=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.2/include \
>>

> INCLUDE=/opt/oracle/product/8.1.6/rdbms/demo mysql.pc
> [...]
> Syntax error at line 117, column 2, file /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.2Error at line 117, column 2 in file /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.2/include/limits.h
> #include_next <limits.h> /* recurse down to the real one */
> .1
> PCC-S-02014, Encountered the symbol "include_next" when expecting one of the following:

> - This is my first use of "proc", is there anything which I did wrong?

No, you did nothing wrong. The precompiler doesn't recognise include_next (and the first fix treated it as just "include" resulting in an infinite loop). It is correctly handled in 8.1.7.3. Alternatively wrap the include with #ifndef ORA_PROC/#endif - the precompiler defines the symbol ORA_PROC. This ifndef construct provides a workaround to the majority of bugs.

> - Is the use of files from the "demo" dir usual in oracle

demo_proc.mk is capable of building a large number of differently-configured projects, and only needs modifying if you want to link in additional libraries. demo_proc.mk itself is fairly standard, env_precomp.mk contains the platform dependent stuff. The syntax for demo_proc.mk, supposing you want to build myprog from pc1.pc, pc2,pc, cc1.c, cc2.c, is:

make -f demo_proc.mk build EXE=myprog OBJS="pc1.o pc2.o cc1.o cc2.o"

The .pc.o and .c.o rules in the makefile determine which files need precompiling and compiling. Just have a look through the makefile for other stuff it can do. The above uses the build target, so for details on this particular process look (in vi) for ^build: and you should find it.

> - How can I call "proc" system independent? I want to include the
> sources in a package that shall be build with "autoconf/automake".

The above command is very system independent and works on Linux, HP, Solaris, AIX....all supported Un*x platforms in fact. VMS and Windows need different commands of course.

--
David Spencer
www.curlypi.com