Re: Embedded SQL compiler at Linux

From: Ole Streicher <ole-usenet-04_at_gmx.net>
Date: 15 May 2002 12:02:19 +0200

Hello David!

David Spencer <David.W.Spencer_at_elcaro.moc> writes:
> >>proc INCLUDE=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.2/include \
> > #include_next <limits.h> /* recurse down to the real one */
> > PCC-S-02014, Encountered the symbol "include_next" [...]

> No, you did nothing wrong. The precompiler doesn't recognise
> include_next (and the first fix treated it as just "include" resulting
> in an infinite loop). It is correctly handled in 8.1.7.3.

Is there a possibility just to install the new "pro/C" precompiler without the need to download the complete Oracle disc?

> Alternatively wrap the include with #ifndef ORA_PROC/#endif - the
> precompiler defines the symbol ORA_PROC. This ifndef construct
> provides a workaround to the majority of bugs.

This seems not to work: my program wants to #include "oratypes.h" which is in /opt/oracle/OraHome/rdbms/demo/. This file itself does #include <stddef.h> which leads to the mentioned error. I can't wrap around oratypes.h as you recommended since the pro/c compiler then complains about some types it can't resolve.

Can you help me again a bit here?

Tanks and Tschuessi

Ole Received on Wed May 15 2002 - 05:02:19 CDT