Problem Killing a session!

From: Yanick Hudon <yhudon_at_sml.qc.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:43:23 -0400

Hi to all,

    I have a big problem and don't know how to fix it. I know that a solution consist to dismount the database, but i can't because it's in production.

    I wanted to delete about 48 000 records in a table, after a few moment with no response, i decided to press the keys CTRL-C end logout

    from my NT4 workstation.

    Here, we've got the real problem: The session i had is still in the system, i wanted to kill it and after a while the system came back with the prompt.

    When we're looking in the table dba_rollback_segs, the resource used are still there. We wanted to put those rollback segments associated

    with the session we wanted to kill offline, but no changes.

    When we ask for the status in the dba_rollback_segs table the system issue PENDING_OFFLINE.

    It's like if the session to be killed wait for the rollback segments to finish and this one never finish. Now i'm turning in infinite loop

    like the system.

    By the way, we're using Oracle 8.0.3.0.0 on VMS.

    Any helps would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance! Received on Wed Apr 17 2002 - 14:43:23 CDT