Re: JAVA and permissions

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:47:38 +0400

Actually, new permissions are not visible to sessions that were connected when grants took place. It seems that once the session is established and classes are instantiated, the security manager does not re-read permissions table (which is a good thing because otherwise the performance would be severely affected). I don't think that bouncing the db is necessary step - new connections will read modified permissions table and will see the changes.