Re: Any luck with Mandrake Linux 8.1

From: Michael Segulja <msegulja_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:45:32 GMT

Thanks for you reply. That's kind of the answer I was expecting, but not hoping for... :-)

So what distribution of Linux do your Oracle experts like? I'm installing Redhat 7.1 right now to try it with that distribution, just because I don't really have any experience with SuSE. Do you recommend SuSE over Redhat?

Thanks,

Michael

"TGGA" <tgga_at_THISWILLBOUNCE.viper.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:ub716her42bh92_at_corp.supernews.com...

> "Michael Segulja" <msegulja_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Has anybody successfully installed 9i Application Server and 8i database
> > server on Mandrake 8.1? I have successfully installed the database
> server,
> > but I'm having trouble with the application server. I understand that
> > Oracle does not support Mandrake, but I'm curious to see if anybody has
> > managed to get it to work.
> >
> > I get about 27% through step 6 of 6 in the Portal installation, and
> install
> > fails with this message:
> >
> > ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15456], [WMA_API_MODULE],
[13]

> > I called Oracle, but they of course said that's not a certified
> distribution
> > so they wouldn't help me.
> >
> > Anybody have any ideas or ran into this problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Michael
> >

> Well I'm not going to be of much help to you either to be honest. I just
> read up on it on Metalink for you to see if I could find info and found
> nothing that would help you in any way shape or form. Oracles guidance
goes
> through a whole heap of stuff, not helping - but gathering info for them,
> send to them in case of this. . An excerpt is as follows:-
>

> Every occurrence of an ORA-600 should be reported to Oracle Support.
Unlike