Re: Any luck with Mandrake Linux 8.1

From: TGGA <tgga_at_THISWILLBOUNCE.viper.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:16:53 +0100

"Michael Segulja" <msegulja_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:i28v8a.6kd.ln_at_jedi.largemandigital.com...
> Has anybody successfully installed 9i Application Server and 8i database
> server on Mandrake 8.1? I have successfully installed the database
server,
> but I'm having trouble with the application server. I understand that
> Oracle does not support Mandrake, but I'm curious to see if anybody has
> managed to get it to work.
>
> I get about 27% through step 6 of 6 in the Portal installation, and
install
> fails with this message:
>
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15456], [WMA_API_MODULE], [13]
>
> I called Oracle, but they of course said that's not a certified
distribution
> so they wouldn't help me.
>
> Anybody have any ideas or ran into this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Well I'm not going to be of much help to you either to be honest. I just read up on it on Metalink for you to see if I could find info and found nothing that would help you in any way shape or form. Oracles guidance goes through a whole heap of stuff, not helping - but gathering info for them, to send to them in case of this. . An excerpt is as follows:-

Every occurrence of an ORA-600 should be reported to Oracle Support. Unlike other errors, you can not find help text for these errors. Only Oracle technical support should diagnose and take actions to prevent or resolve damage to the database.

The above says it all. There is no info and without a support contact (and on an unsupported platform, even gold bars won't get you one) you won't get that help Unless you have good reason, I'd advise you to move to SuSE 7.2 which is a supported platform and join the Oracle/SuSE mailing list. Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps if there is enough call for it Mandrake may one day go for certification, as SuSE did. It is worth it to Linux companies, since the O/S market is tending to lean that way. Not that the serious (can I say that?) UNIX platforms will be dying out sometime soon, but it is gathering pace. At one time I wouldn't have attempted to run 11i on a Linux platform, those days are gone and yes I have done it. In saying that I stuill prefer my HP-UX 11.

Regards,

Pete Received on Tue Apr 09 2002 - 19:16:53 CDT