SGA Errors...

From: Jennmar Corp <here_at_work.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:04:07 -0500

This morning we were running an import into our test environment when the import errored out.

A trace file was written that included the following error message: Fri Apr 05 07:58:44 2002

After rebooting the Server and trying to log onto SQL, we received the following errors:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-09243: smsget: error attaching to SGA
OSD-04101: invalid SGA: SGA not initialized.

Our first step was to restore from out NT backup the ORANT directory and the Database drive to insure that the control files and the database were in sync.
The database backup was from last night and there were no problems this morning before starting the import.

The restore of these directories did not resolve the problem. When we try to log onto SQL we are still getting the above three errors about the SGA.

What steps should we take to bring Oracle back up? What would have caused the SGA error and why didn't a restore from the backup resolve any problems caused by the import?

Thanks in advance for any help! Received on Fri Apr 05 2002 - 10:04:07 CST