Re: real oracle beginner

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:40:49 -0600

Hi dav,
If you are dba or have dba privs then
select table_name from sys.dba_tables will show them all to you ( including sys and system tables)

Otherwise

select table_name from user_tables ( shows tables you created)

select table_name from all_tables ( shows tables you have privs on)

You can also look as sys.dba_objects ( user_objects, all_objects) to see what other things ( tables,views, etc) are in there..
Do a desc on those to see what they contain...