Re: SGA Errors...

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:42:12 -0600

Did the NT service start..Is the listener running?

If the service started did you attempt startup the instance ( after connecting internal ( or as sys/pass as sysdba ) ?

From a command prompt
svrmgrl ( or SqlPlus )
If no error messages at this point:
connect sys as sysdba ( or connect internal ) - note no tnsnames.ora alias at this time .. ( if prompted enter password)
If no errors then:
startup pfile=( whatever you r init<sid>.ora path is)

BTW, version info is often handy...