Re: free IT training, expert opinions needed

From: Stephen B <stephen.bell_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:18:22 -0500

In my opinion an Oracle certification never hurts....the debate on how much it helps is pretty much ongoing in this newsgroup!

I work for a multinational consulting company and have picked up 4 Oracle certifications over the years....in our line of work I go through an interview process with clients who are considering using me on a new project and it always helps when my company is 'selling me' that they can indicate I'm fairly heavily certified in Oracle. This is particularly true when the interviewer may not be very familiar with Oracle...the certifications
seem to help get me in the door and to the technical interview stage..

So I'm suggesting that while it may be open to debate as to how much it helps, it is certainly never a "waste" to go for it .

Good luck and best regards,

Steve