Re: MSDAORA and Oracle 8.1.7 - problems establishing connection

From: Matt Man <matt.mcdonnell.90_at_bc.edu>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 06:17:47 -0800

Well.... This is why we kindly refer to MS as M$ and a bunch of other things that I'm not comfotable putting on a newsgroup.. :-P

Turns out this is a known problem that actually has been posted here before.. I just couldn't find it until this morning. There were missing registry settings that the MDAC installer doesn't automatically add (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q264012)

Furthermore, once the changes are made, the OLE DB won't work until you've connected at least once using ODBC. (I KNEW they were related!) Perhaps someone at M$ can explain THAT one!

Thanks for all your help.