free IT training, expert opinions needed

From: ken <frennis_at_gdi.net>
Date: 27 Mar 2002 13:49:58 -0800

I have the opportunity for IT training paid for by the state of Florida due to a layoff in my previous job. I have a business degree (Marketing) that I have never really used. I've read negative opinions on the various training schools (I'm looking at TechSkills) but since it would cost me nothing (except my time), would it be a waste to go for an Oracle certification?
My only IT background was a banking software tester, during which we would make minor database changes in the test environment.

I have the option to take Oracle, Java programming, MCSE, pretty much anything these tech schools offer,as well as other career fields. What would you do in my position? I'm looking to get back into the job market as soon as possible.

Any advice/opinions are welcome, thanks in advance. Received on Wed Mar 27 2002 - 15:49:58 CST