Re: CREATE SEQUENCE commits transaction

From: Gert Brinkmann <gbrinkmann_at_dimedis.de>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 09:56:56 +0100

Mark D Powell wrote:

> Gert, a CREATE statement of any type is a DDL statemenat and all DDL
> statements implicitly commit before and after they execute.

Ok, thanks for all the answers. This is good to know.

> Why would you be creating a sequence inside a transaction, anyway?

Well, we have a database-abstraction-layer that e.g. handles serial-columns. In the case of an oracle-DB it is tried to find a fitting sequence for the current table. If none is found (the first time it is tried) a squence is created for this table. (we do only have one serial-column per table.)

Ciao and thanks,

Gert Received on Mon Mar 04 2002 - 02:56:56 CST