RPC and synonyms..

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 11:46:07 -0800

I recently learned I could not query a table with a user defined type across a DB Link. I instead decide to execute a Remote Procedure in that instance to query the table with the user defined type through the OWS and spit out results in the browser.

will this work as an alternative to querying the nested table across the link?

instance A: contains PACKAGE.PROCEDURE that dumps out some HTML

instance B: DB_LINK to A and synonym as follows:

create synonym A_PACKACE FOR PACKAGE.PROCEDURE_at_DB_LINK;

execute A_PACKAGE #returns error

#A_PACKAGE must be declared is the error I am getting.

any idea why the synonym can't be used to call the remote procedure?

if I use:

set serveroutput on
execute PACKAGE.PROCEDURE_at_DB_LINK #successful execute owa_utils.showpage #no output displayed

however this same sequence works locally.

Ideally I want to be able to call the PACKAGE.PROCEDURE_at_DB_LINK from OWS. Is there any hope for this.

anyone with some insight would be greatly appreciated. i have been trying different things all day with no luck and no descriptive error messages when run through the web server and no errors but no output when run from SQL*PLUS.

TIA, Job Received on Thu Feb 21 2002 - 13:46:07 CST