Re: DBA Survey...please take a few seconds to help a class full of future dba's :)

From: Alan <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:23:37 -0500

I don't usually point out minor errors, but being that you advertised that you are an "Information Science Graduate Student", I thought some comments that may help you avoid poor grades might be in order:

  1. Your link is wrong.
  2. Your site is not secure. I got in and created a new poll, and I wasn't even trying. Took about 30 seconds. I didn't try to delete the existing poll, though the link was there to do so. Maybe it's not important to have the poll in a secure area, but just in case...
  3. "DBA's" is not correct. The use of an apostrophe in this context is wrong. DBAs is a better alternative.
  4. "...since there is only 23 questions" - Subject and verb don't agree. Should be "since there ARE..."
  5. "I've provided a email" should be "I've provided AN email..."

So far, you get an F on this assignment, but I'm a tough grader!