Re: Embededed lookups in a column

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_alltel.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2002 09:54:15 -0800

Some examples of the "name" values and how they change would help us help you.

Meanwhile, if the changes are relatively infrequent (like if they occur at night via a batch job), then can you schedule a routine job which will update the denormalized tables? The system I'm working on uses something similar (for a vastly different reason).

Otherwise, I'm at a loss to suggest anything without more details.