Mass/Bulk Creation of Service Request

From: John Cantwell <j.c.cantwell_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:19:34 GMT

We would like to use inbound PO EDI transactions to create service requests. Has anyone done this? I found and read a white paper on data flow from Order Entry to Service and back again, NoteId 118171.1, but I do think this address ours needs. Unless I am incorrectly interperting the article, the actual service request is not created from order entry, but that the install base information is populated so that a service request can be created. Is that an accurate statement? If this is true, is it possible to use an inbound PO transaction to create a service request, and how can that be done? If EDI/E-commerce gateway can not be used, has anyone created a customization or extension to create service requests. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Module: Oracle Field Service
Version: 11.5.5 Received on Wed Jan 16 2002 - 12:19:34 CST