Re: SAME document from ORACLE (similiar to OFA)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 00:12:40 +0100

On 14 Jan 2002 13:59:17 -0800, ted_oatway_at_storagetek.com (Ted) wrote:

>About six months or so ago I read a document called System
>Architecture Methodology (SAME) or something like that. I thought it
>was published by Oracle. It discussed the requirements for laying out
>an Oracle database across a number of large RAID5 LUNs. Specifically
>it discussed striping the indexes and database files across the same
>LUNs.
>
>I don't want to get into a discussion of RAID5 vs. RAID10. With small
>databases and bigger disks there just are not enough spindles to go
>around but I would like to know if anyone has seen this document or
>can point me to similiar material.

It can be found on Metalink. It doesn't however necessarily endorse RAID5.
As you evidently are a representative of a disk vendor, it would be better you work together with Oracle on this, instead of asking questions in a public newsgroup.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 17:12:40 CST