Re: UPDATE with oracle forms 6i?

From: Vladimir Shchekanov <shchekanov_at_mtu-net.ru>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:49:33 +0300

"Holger Butschek" <holger.butschek_at_planet-interkom.de> wrote in message news:a1e8ca$q7h45$1_at_ID-65440.news.dfncis.de...
> I am using Oracle Forms 6i and would like to use an UPDATE-statement in an
> program-block. I don't want to use the Datablocks. I am able to use an
> select-statement with an cursor. But how works the UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT
or
> other SQL-Statements??

if you use it in PRE-INSERT, PRE-UPDATE, KEY-COMMIT, etc then there is no problem;
it will be commited with other changes in blocks. in other PL/SQL units when you call commit it is the same like call form_commit; if there is no
changes in blocks then the error "no changes to commit" and changes made by UPDATE,
DELETE, INSERT will not commited(saved); if there any changes in any block then calling commit is
the same like calling form_commit - all triggers will be fired and all changes in all blocks will be commited too. I think you should write stored procedure or package to update data or use somehing like DBMS_SQL. Received on Wed Jan 09 2002 - 07:49:33 CST