view as vertical concatenation of multiple tables

From: Tim <tim.bedford_at_ttplabtech.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2002 06:15:45 -0800

Hi,
Is it possible to create a view that is a vertical concatenation of two or more tables? In other words, say you've got two tables created with:

CREATE TABLE TAB1(VALUE1 VARCHAR2(10));
CREATE TABLE TAB2(VALUE2 VARCHAR2(10)); And you want a view with one column containing all the values of both tables.
(I vaguely remember looking into this a while ago and concluding that it couldn't be done, someone prove me wrong). thanks,

Tim Received on Wed Jan 09 2002 - 08:15:45 CST