Re: Difference between oracle 9i & oracle 11i

From: Slarti <1012-873_at_gmx.de>
Date: 9 Jan 2002 04:24:30 -0800

easynitin_at_netscape.net (Nitin Tekchandani) wrote in message news:<bc1ddffc.0201082250.3f39201c_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
> can some explain me the difference between oracle 9i oracle 11i
> versions.
> would be thankful if someone can state the difference between
> Oracle-Applications 11i & its prevoius version ( was it
> Oracle-Applications 9i ?)
>
> Regards
> Nitin

Hi,

i think you are a little bit confused about oracle product naming, aren't you? ;-)
Nevermind, no one can read as fast as oracle can change names.

Oracle 9i (Oracle Server 9i) should be the latest database product - nothing to do with ERP.

Maybe there could have been an Applications 9 Release, but surely no 9i - at the beginning of 1999 i already worked with Oracle Applications 10.7; therefore it must have been hundred years ago.

On the other hand you're right; The last Application Release was 11i, formerly. Now this product is known as Oracle eBusiness-Suite, however. Received on Wed Jan 09 2002 - 06:24:30 CST