Can not connect sql *plus

From: Ross <roshanpatel24_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:39:18 +1100

Hi,

I have installed Oracle 8i Enterprise edition on Windows 2000 OS. Also I have installed Forms/Reports 6i.
when I start sql *plus and insert username/password then I get following error. I can not connect to the database. I checked in the "Task Manager", that the oracle.exe is running.

ERROR:
ORA-12203: TNS: Unable to connect to destination.

I tried various username/Password but same error. It logs me out after three attempt.

Any advise,

Ross Received on Wed Jan 02 2002 - 19:39:18 CST