Problems with login

From: Daniel Seichter <daniel_at_dseichter.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:22:52 +0100

Hello!
Today I have downloaded Oracle 8i Personal Edition. The installation works fine and the webserver is running. But I had a problem, but can't find some informations about it:
My Database is called testdb and the only local users are admin, Administrator and the mainuser backup. When I had to log in, everytime there is a errormessage like VT-1000 (or so).
In the help there is a sentence, that the User is sysman/oem_temp But is this a file, the user, the user and the password,... I don't know. There is a message, that I had to change the password, but what for password is this, what I had to change?
The only 2 the installation has given was: for sys-account: change_on_install (is this only a message or really the password?)
for system-account: manager

Please help me! Thanks
Daniel Seichter Received on Tue Jan 01 2002 - 14:22:52 CST