Re: Problems with login

From: vyper <tgga_at_vyper.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:11:01 -0000

"Daniel Seichter" <daniel_at_dseichter.de> wrote in message news:a0t5qt$cot$02$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Hello!
> Today I have downloaded Oracle 8i Personal Edition. The installation works
> fine and the webserver is running. But I had a problem, but can't find
some
> informations about it:
> My Database is called testdb and the only local users are admin,
> Administrator and the mainuser backup. When I had to log in, everytime
there
> is a errormessage like VT-1000 (or so).
> In the help there is a sentence, that the User is sysman/oem_temp
> But is this a file, the user, the user and the password,... I don't know.
> There is a message, that I had to change the password, but what for
password
> is this, what I had to change?
> The only 2 the installation has given was:
> for sys-account: change_on_install (is this only a message or really the
> password?)
> for system-account: manager
>
> Please help me! Thanks
> Daniel Seichter

OK there are 3 users/passwords from what I can see in there. The sysman login has the password oem_temp, provding you set up the repository. Otherwise there are 2 others:-

Login - system
Passowd - manager
Login - sys
Password - change_on_install

to use them type sqlplus user/password from a DOS prompt.

HTH. Pete Received on Tue Jan 01 2002 - 15:11:01 CST