Re: Net8 Easy Config and Net8 Assistant on P IV Computers

From: Gail Binkley <gail_at_genome.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 07:40:28 -0800

The "fix" Oracle gave me for this problem was to edit the tnsnames.ora file manually. I came across this bug when trying to install Designer 6i Rel4.1 on a Pentium 4 PC. There is another bug 1852153 which prevents the installation of the export/import software. Oracle seems to be aware of the problems and it working on a fix.

Gail Binkley
Stanford University

--
Department of Genetics        Phone: (650) 498-7145
School of Medicine              Fax: (650) 723-7016