Re: migration emergency !

From: Laurent Boutet <laurent.boutet1_at_libertysurf.fr>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:43:16 +0100

Of course, it's not very important if the migration does not work today... My database is just for testing...
you know...I'm quite new to Oracle World...so I have to make mistakes to understand ;-)

It was an emergency today, because this morning I did not intend to spend my afternoon trying to migrate
my database to version 8.1.7...I would have got more informations about migration later...

To answer your first question, indeed, I did not read the migration documentation...I thought Oracle could
do it alone when updating to 8.1.7...But could not imagine it would fail !!!

You said :
> It means the parameter job_queue_processes must have a non-zero value.

Well...thanks...but I had a little idea about this ;-)

But I don't know exactly what it means...you know...Oracle is a good SGBDR...but masterising it needs time...and I wonder if I will be able to read all docs provided by Oracle before the end of my life ;-)))

So considering I'm only a 3 months Oracler...heeee....I have a long life to complete...

Thank you very much for your answer,
sincerely,

Laurent

"Ron Reidy" <rereidy_at_indra.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3C14D3A8.64289F72_at_indra.com...
> Laurent Boutet wrote:
> >
> > Hi !
> > this is an emergency call !!
> > I'm not an Oracle expert (only 3 months)...
> > But I've intended today to migrate from Oracle 8.0.5 to Oracle 8.1.7.
> > I did it well...but now, I need to migrate my database, otherwise my
> > application won't work anymore. But I've got the following message that
does
> > not allow me to migrate :
> > "
> > Upgrade or migration cannot proceed beacause of the following(s) :
> > - following parameter(s) does not have 0 (zero) value :
job_queue_processes