Re: Can't connect to Management Server

From: Shaun Landau <shaunlandau_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:50:06 GMT

Thanks for your help. This is very frustrating! A database was created when I installed Oracle ... these are the parameters I was given when the database creation was completed:

global database name: test
database system identifier (SID): test
SYS account password: change_on_install
SYSTEM account password: manager

I have accessed the OMS configuration utility and I am instructed to select a database to store the repository. I want to use the database I have created but I can't get past the Logon screen for the OMS configuration utility. The parameters I must provide for connection to the database are User name, Password and Service. What do I use for these? I have no idea what the Service is; and I have tried omitting it while entering various intuitive login and password combinations.

Shaun