Help: Install Oracle from CD

From: M. Cao <mcao_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:07:58 -0800

Hi,

I am first time install oracle, please help me with the error below.

First oracle install is completed, but second step "Database configuration assistant" gives me this error

Error: ORA-01034 ORACLE not available.

Base on the book ORA-01034 error is Oracle is not running. How can I have oracle running during installation process ? Can you help ?

Thanks in advance !

Minh Received on Tue Nov 20 2001 - 19:07:58 CST