Re: Extracting/Exporting/Migrating from ORACLE AR to IBM Mainframe GEAC

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:06:32 +0100

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:27:07 +0200, "Dmitry" <support_at_ispirer.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>You can use migration tool Chyfo at www.ispirer.com/products. It can easy
>export Oracle tables to ASCII flat files (CSV, TAB delimited and fixed
>length). Also SQL INSERT statements can be generated.
>Chyfo can also generate DDL and import/load scripts for IBM DB2.
>You can run it in the batch mode.
>
>Best regards, Dmitry
>
>"george lewycky" <gelewyc_at_nyct.com> wrote in message
>> I need to "port" a data extract from Oracle running on NT
>> to the IBM mainframe for an interface into GEAC.
>>
>> Oracle's Export utility from what I can see in some cases
>> only applies to within Oracle (eg., to another db )
>>
>> Can this utility also extract data (NOT in Oracle's BINARY format)
>> but in a format translatable to the IBM Mainframe (EBCDIC preferably)
>>
>> any suggestion, ideas, experience would be greatly
>> appreciated
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>
>> george lewycky
>> NY City Transit Authority
>> Brookly, NYC

Mr. Dmitry,
you are getting boring.
Your only contribution to this group conists of spamming your own product.

Could you please stop that? Advertisements belong comp.databases.oracle.marketplace, not in .misc, not in .server and not in .tools, all of which you pollute with your continuous spam.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 10:06:32 CST