ORA-01722 during SQL Loader load - Help!

From: Dodger <scott_at_REMOVE_THIS.answerdude.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 16:59:24 -0400

After a fresh install of Personal Oracle 7.3.4 on a Win95 machine, and fresh creation of the database, upon attempting to load tables with SQL Loader, every record in every table which contains a decimal number is rejected with ORA-01722. Records without decimal numbers load correctly.

Many other previously installed V7.3.4 PCs with the same database load the same CTL files with no problems. It should be noted that we are installing a completely new version of our associated application on a clean PC, and I suspect I may have missed setting up something in either INITORCL.ORA or the registry?

On the failing system, NLS_LANG = "AMERICAN"

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Scott Morrow Received on Sat Oct 20 2001 - 15:59:24 CDT