Re: ORA-01722 during SQL Loader load - Help!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 23:35:01 +0200

"Dodger" <scott_at_REMOVE_THIS.answerdude.net> wrote in message news:9qsog3$hms$1_at_news.storm.ca...
> After a fresh install of Personal Oracle 7.3.4 on a Win95 machine, and
fresh
> creation of the database, upon attempting to load tables with SQL Loader,
> every record in every table which contains a decimal number is rejected
with
> ORA-01722. Records without decimal numbers load correctly.
>
> Many other previously installed V7.3.4 PCs with the same database load the
> same CTL files with no problems. It should be noted that we are installing
> completely new version of our associated application on a clean PC, and I
> suspect I may have missed setting up something in either INITORCL.ORA or
the
> registry?
>
> On the failing system, NLS_LANG = "AMERICAN"
>
> Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.
>
> Scott Morrow

Looks like your NLS_TERRITORY is incorrect, or the regional settings of the client don't match the Oracle settings
Most likely , and . have swapped

A new version of an application against a desupported version of the database looks a bit insane to me, however.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sat Oct 20 2001 - 16:35:01 CDT