Re: Java Stored Procedure hangs

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2001 04:06:10 -0700

In article <938e983f.0110032354.1dd61a5_at_posting.google.com>, cnsxxx09_at_netscape.net says...

>Hi,
>
>If I re-compile my Java Stored Procedure, when accessing Oracle again
>it seems to hang when I do *anything* vaguely related to Java (for
>instance running it, or even re-running 'create or replace
>procedure....as language JAVA...').
>
>Is the Oracle JVM stable? Are the some settings that I haven't set? or
>is there anything else anyone can suggest? It seems to be pretty poor
>for this to happen.......

never heard of such a thing and I do the create or replace lots.

Give us an example -- cut and paste from sqlplus preferable. lets see the java and the statement that causes the hang. give us something to reproduce with.

Also, its extremely useful to know versions of software, operating systems, yadda, yadda, yadda. The more info, the better.