Re: this shouldn't be happening

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2001 04:08:59 -0700

In article <44160353.0110031726.2992e336_at_posting.google.com>, richwerth_at_hotmail.com says...

>I have a jsp page that runs fine......for about twenty minutes......I
>am trying to run a query against an oracle database using the thin
>driver.
>

>all of the data is being passed correctly from a form.... i know this
>because i am able to use the query to populate the table. I also
>print out the query and it is correct. This whole thing works fine.
>I then will leave it alone for a while and come back to it to run it
>again and I get this error. This happens on Websphere 3.5.4 as well
>as Websphere 4.0 both running on Windows NT.
>

>com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppErrorReport: ORA-01009: missing
>mandatory parameter
> at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebApp.sendError(WebApp.java:542)
> at com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:92)
>at
>com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:123)
>at
>com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:67)
>at
>com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:122)
>at
>com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:315)
>at
>com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:60)
>at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:313)
> at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:242)
> at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:122)
>

>This is my connection statement
>
><%
> Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
> Connection con =
>DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:FIRST",
>"sys", "change_on_install");
> Statement dept = con.createStatement();
>%>

well, I cannot really comment on why the ibm websphere stuff is blowing up (maybe you should post to that newsgroup as well?) -- I can say -- cease and desist using SYS as an account for anything, especially an application.

SYS is special.
Things work differently for SYS.
Using sys like that is a security nightmare. SYS by default cannot even log in with 9i anymore, you have to defeat the security of 9i to allow it to log in.